Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Vega Drumset

Who Where Or When?Any Ideas?thxs

Posted on 16 years ago

Pics and/or badges would be great in helping identify.

Apart from being a drummer and collector of Kent drums, I'm also a guitarist and I have a small collection of Vega goodies. One, very nice Vega D-26 hollowbody (jazz) electric guitar and several amps from the late 40's through the 60's.

It's possible that this is the same Vega company, although I'm not aware that they made drums (perhaps they are re-badged as Vega's).

The Vega company of old was based in Boston Ma. and they had several factories over the years in various locations around the city (they tended to burn down every now and then). Vega may be best known for their Banjo's, which are some of the nicest made. They did make acoustic and electric guitars, amps, etc... bus as stated, not sure about the drums. It's likely that the name Vega was sold off after the company closed it's doors here in Boston. Not sure when that was, though I'd guess it was around the late 60's to mid 70's. BEcause the factories kept burning down, it's nearly impossible to date anything made by Vega, as the records were lost in the fires.

That's the extent of my Vega knowledge!

Vintage Snares Vintage Kits
Posted on 16 years ago

Hey Big Daddy that is interesting about Vega... I sold a totally trashed banjo on ebay some years ago having purchased it in a box lot at an estate auction. I put it up there knowing nothing about it and was dismayed at the interest and the final bid! I remember the guy that bought it said he believed it was a Vega... which I thought, until then, was a POS small Chevrolet. But I didn't do follow up research..

So now I know why he was so excited and spending decent money on what looked like a real junker to me... THANKS.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here