Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

value of Rogers Delta Tower Set

Hey guys, came across a guy who has been collecting for some time now and he suggested to me that he would be interested in selling a rogers delta tower in black diamond pearl ..the set is mint and includes a 12" rack, 14" floor and 20" bass..he wants 1500 for the set..chrome etc is near perfect..

whats your opinions

1965 slingerland Solo-Pink Champagne
1966-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1974-Rogers Dynasonic Chrome over brass Snare
1964-Slingerland RadioKing Chrome Snare
Posted on 14 years ago

Seems like an 'ok' deal. You are not making out great on it considering today's market. If it included the stands and such, it would be a deal. If not, it's just an 'ok' deal. I (me personally) would pass on it.

Posted on 14 years ago

the only hardware with the set is the swivomatic hardware for mounting the tom and the swivomatic cymal stand/tilter that mounts to the drum..

Posted on 14 years ago

Rogers are the high dollar drum to collect i agree it is not a great deal but it is a good deal if you want to collect quality drums it will hold it;s value if taken care of..

Posted on 14 years ago

You won't find a better little jazzer... same great vintage shells, edges and hardware that Rogers is so famous for... just all double ended hardware.

I saw a very rough but complete Tower kit go for $600... and a very clean and complete listed as high as $2250.

So you're in the sweet spot for fair

Oh yeah Wayne right on target..., I didn't notice no snare. Without a snare that is several 300-400 high.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago

Hmmm...no snare drum?IMO its on the high side,BUT you are getting what all of us here love,and thats vintage drums.I was thinking more like a grand if i were buying it,but if its like new and you know how special Rogers drums used to be,its a safe investmentClapping Happy2

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

These guys are selling a Rogers Tower set without the 14" floor tom, but with a snare for $599.

http://www.parkwaymusic.com/drums/drums_used_vintage.shtml

To be able to play as slow as Al Jackson is almost impossible.
Charlie Watts
Posted on 14 years ago

Those 14,s bring big money though.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

I'll weigh in on this one only to say ditto to previous posters. It's an OK deal. Even though BDP is a great finish to see in person, it isn't one of the more desirable finishes. On the other hand, that 20,12,14 config is very desirable. Just depends on how badly you want the kit. I have been guilty of totally overpaying on a Rogers kit, but it was something I really wanted and was very rare, so no regrets.

Posted on 14 years ago

thanks guys..I appreciate the feedback..I need to consider my next move..the set is pretty awesome though..guess you all can probably tell which way I am leaning..lol

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here