Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Update

Hi everyone...sorry I've not been around for a while but I am currently dealing with a rather significant injury.

It appears I need a total right knee replacement and am waiting for a date for my surgery. The good news is the Doc said it is NOT related to my lengthy drumming career and continued playing will actually be GOOd for the knee to keep it limber and from stiffening up after surgery.

I anticipate the surgery sometime in July and hope to be ready for more action later this fall.

In the meantime...appreciate all the good vibes and wishes offered.

Regards to all...

Marc...the Ludwig Vintage Man

Vya Con Dios...and keep on rockin'

Marc
Posted on 15 years ago

just joined the forum so you and i haven't met. but sorry to hear about your injury. i shattered my left knee, compound fracture style about 12 years ago and drumming was a big part of my recovery. my hi hat independence actually improved from all the work. just stay with all your physical therapy, listen to your doctors, and stay positive. you'll heal up just fine. swimming is also super good. very low impact, but a good hard workout. i also had 2 broken elbows, two broken wrists (one completely shattered, more compound fractures) and a cracked skull at the same time. (i fell 30 feet onto some concrete, and yes i'm lucky to be alive). i had no choice but to go through some lifestyle changes. but 12 years out i can honestly say, it was good for me to go through it, and drumming/learning to play guitar again was a big part of my recovery. i started drumming more to ease my frustration with not being able to play guitar. it made me rethink what how and why i play. and now i'll never take another note for granted. best of luck for a speedy recovery.

yes, have some.
Posted on 15 years ago

Ouch and good luck with the surgery.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago

Hope you'll get better soon!

Our prayers are with you.

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 15 years ago

Best wishes for fast recovery...

________

POV XXX

Selling cymbals Made in Turkey

http://turkishcymbalserbia.weebly.com/
Posted on 15 years ago

Thanks to all of you for your comments and best wishes.

I'll let you know my surgery date when I find out...and will keep you all posted on how I'm doing.

My best wishes and thanks again for taking time to write me here.

Marc

Vya Con Dios...and keep on rockin'

Marc
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here