Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Update: Premier 71 (-73) Moon project

Some detail shots.

5 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

Lee.....WOW. This is one of my all tiime favorites~! These came out so nice and those cover plates are wicked cool. I don't think anyone has gone to the level of detail you have on a Moon kit. It's way up there. I never noticed the double Rogers tom mounts before. Great job. Clapping Happy2

How do you like playing them?

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

I am glad that I get to be the first to say "brilliant!" I know that was a labor of love and your attention to detail is spectacular. I would love to hear those. Really fantastic. We all appreciate your sharing this.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 12 years ago

Ok fine...I'll be second.

tnsquint
Very proud owner of a new Blaemire Snare 6.5 x 14 made by Jerry Jenkins "Drumjinx"
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks guys. Yes, a labor of love, like all the amazing work of the folks on this fabulous forum.

The drums sound even better than they look. I took them out of my basement/workshop to take these pics and the sound of the drums in this glassed in porch as awesome. Big, punchy, round, potent. It's a blast to have a bash at them. They need to be played like all good vintage gear.

Lee

Posted on 12 years ago

As many may have surmised, I am a huge fan of Premier drums. As an American, I am thrilled that people like Ringo and Bonham opted for American made drums. It has been said that Ludwig deums were generally considered louder which may have been a factor in the burgeoning years of amplified rock, though I have no idea if that was true. There is probably a lot to be said for the sentiment of the English towards Americans in the 60's but I won't claim to be an expert on English, post war history. I have often wondered though, what would have happened had either or both of them chosen to endorse Premier instead.

Regardless of any of that, I would sure love to hear them. They look outstanding! Lokfast....oooo!

tnsquint
Posted on 12 years ago

Hi Lee,

Man,those turned out great!

Where did you get the Premier throne from?

There was one on eBay recently,but went for more then the $100 which I bid.....

Glad I was able to contribute to this set!

Blair

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks Blair.

Yes, you have a couple of pieces on this kit, including the final piece of the puzzle, which was the nice mahogany 22x14 kick shell drummers right that, ironically, replaced the old birch shell (w/ the short spurs) that was the first piece I bought for this project. Mind Blowi

My wife bought me that stool from guy in UK for a birthday present last year. She's a good wife, even if she thinks I'm insane! DOH

Lee

Posted on 12 years ago

Well done!!!! Well done!!!! Top job, mate!!!!

Yeah- I'm THAT guy!!!

Dead dogs like rusty fire hydrants!!!
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanks Bunnyman,

Since I took those pics, I've been able to upgrade my hi-hats to some nice 70's vintage Paiste 2002 14" hi-hats and to add a couple of period-appropriate top tilter sections from Premier 304 cymbal stands to replicate Moon's "boom" stands.

Even better, I've been able to play the drums a bit and they just sound wicked.

Best,

Lee

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here