Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.05846%

Unloading one of my snares -- but what do I ask for it?

Well, I'm getting ready to move to Boston for grad school. Most of my snares will make the trip with me, but I have one that is particularly bulky and gets zero use. I'm hoping y'all can give me a little advice on how (and for how much) to sell my vintage Leedy parade drum. The drum in question is a 10x15" Leedy stamped (internally) both 3509 and 3510 -- so 1935. The shell is steam-bent mahogany, with maple reinforcement rings and hoops. The snare-side head is a vintage Radio King, and the batter is a new Earthtone. I have the original twill bag for the drum, complete with the script-L snaps. The bag is in sort of rough shape, with plenty of tears, both repaired (prior to me picking it up) and not. I assume the condition is expected on 75-year old cotton. The shell of the drum has plenty of nicks and scratches, as well, but polishes up quite nicely. Any idea what I should be asking for it? I'd love to keep it around, but it takes up a lot of space, and it just sits. If it makes you feel any better, some of the proceeds from the sale will be used to purchase cases for the snares that are making the trip.

Pictures can be seen here: http://s625.photobucket.com/albums/tt335/mhbehr/

Thanks for your advice!

Max

Posted on 15 years ago

Old field drums don't have much value. They sell on ebay for $50 - $100.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here