Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

Unknown snare!

First of all happy New Year to all of you at VDF and marry Christmas to all of people who celebrate it tomorrow.At beginning of new year i purchase a couple of things.Tama Swingstar snare from 80-ties,and one interesting 13x4' snare.So,everything on it says it is made in Eastern Europe in 50-es or 60-es.Everything but snare strainer.Thin shell,re-rings,wrap,but side.i think the wrap is added later,my opinion is that this is re-wrap,due to very bad looking seem and inserted piece of wrap.i remove snare strainer,under it is hole,what I thought is vent hole,but it can be just for piece same as on but side,and maybe the snare was with no strainer at all originally and just two but sides to attach the snare cord.these type of strainer I never see on old Eastern Europe drums.So what you think this is?My thoughts rewraped Trowa with added snare strainer

5 attachments
Selling cymbals Made in Turkey

http://turkishcymbalserbia.weebly.com/
Posted on 12 years ago

And some more pics

4 attachments
135.6 kB
52.3 kB
61.1 kB
131.3 kB

Posted on 12 years ago

From Dule

First of all happy New Year to all of you at VDF and marry Christmas to all of people who celebrate it tomorrow....My thoughts rewraped Trowa with added snare strainer

Thanx, ortodox bro!!-- with coming merry Christmas!

Due to your pics and description, I can say: the shell, hoops and T-rods tell us that is a "Lefima" before 1960 or the same -- after nationalized called "Tacton" during 1961-66.

Cheers,

George.

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

I like the wrap on that snare!

And, Merry Christmas to you as well! I actually happened to know about this. I grew up in a tiny central California farming community that had quite a large Russian Orthodox and Molokan community. It was great! They all spoke Russian and taught the rest of us to cuss our teachers in Russian while we were growing up! The teachers never even had a clue...

fishwaltz
Posted on 12 years ago

Thanx Craig. :)

There are a lot of Russians in California --- and the famous fantastic soviet rock-drummer of 70's among them - his name is Yuri Fokin and he live in Frisco. Sometimes he takes a part in "Russian Nights" festival together with some great american musicians and actors, also helps to ortodox church and has an own buisness in web design and photo.

George.

Posted on 12 years ago

Thank you George,you nailed it.I searched net for Lefima and found a pic of that snare strainer,it is same as on my snare,so it is put on snare in factory,not later

Marry Christmas!

1 attachments

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here