Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Unknown snare drum.

Hi, totally new to this, no idea if I am doing it correctly, but I have purchased a drum from the bay and have no idea what it is. I suspect it is a very old John Grey, but only because of the very damaged snare wires it had. It is a 13 1/2 X 4 snare, chrome on brass, with a throw off mounted on top hoop, (which are also brass), which has 'Tom Snap Patent.......' on adjuster. Tube lugs, like old Ludwigs and claw type hoop tension fittings. You have probably already seen it on the bay, but I will try and add some photo's tomorrow when I learn how to do it! It was wrapped in a piece of stainless steel ducting! The original chrome is falling off as I type this, but it does look good polished back to brass. Could be difficult to find replacement claws though. Any ideas?

Posted on 15 years ago

HI Welcome to the forum..The claws that you are asking about you can fine..With out photos its hard to tell what maker your drum is..Hope you post some photos...mike

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here