Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.85595%

Unknown snare drum .....

I had this given to me and I'm gonna sell it, but before I do, I figured I'd ask the educated members here!! :) This is 15x5 and is definately COB as a magnet will not stick to the shell. The wooden hoops are far from perfect but do have a great design on them. I'll post some pics. If someone knows who made this and when it was made that would be great. I'm sure it's not worth much as there is no throw off. (not sure if there ever was) I do have all of the tensioners which are fairly heavy and I'm thinking they are nickel/nickel plated?

Posted on 16 years ago

I have no idea about that one. It's old (duh!) My guess would be that it's a non-American made drum -maybe European. It might help to see what the tensioners look like. I would have no idea what to even look for to restore it. Therefore, I would give it a low value -maybe $50-100 to someone who might use it as decoration. The hoops/shell look pretty worn, too.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 16 years ago

Ok I found the 12 tensioners and what appears to be an adjuster for the strainer as well as an old external bass drum muffler, a bass rim mounted cymbal holder, a very old set of bass drum spurs and a 7" cymbal which has the ludwig name on it. I'm going to keep the Ludwig Cymbal and the bass spurs for the old Ludwig bass drum I recently bought.

1 attachments
Posted on 16 years ago

If we tell you what it is to we get 20% of the sale? Laughing H

Ludwig-Zildjian-Aquarian
Posted on 16 years ago

Is it possible for me to take 20% off from nothing??? Wait ... I have to pay you to take it?? I'm thinking I'll put together a mystery drums shell auction. This will be with 2 other very old shells and rims. (I'm still gonna have to pay) I might as well start ... :2Cents:

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here