Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.45511%

Unknown set "Buffalo supertone"

Hi folks,

Somebody knows this one ?

The ad says: drum kit: Buffalo Supertone ???

The cymbals could be also interesting,...

Thanks for letting me know.

2 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

Late 60s-early 70s Pearl made stencil. These are likely a Europe only release. I have never heard of that badge, but then we find, on average, one new badge a month as it is right now, so that does not surprise me. The wrap looks to be in very good condition, and if they are reasonably priced, I would grab them. They make great gigging kits, once you work over the shells a little, sand the edges for a better profile, unless you play classic rock or jazz, then you would only want to lightly sand them to a smoother contour, not really changing it, but making it easier to tune with smoother edges.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

Like the gull wing spurs,you can usually tell the Japanese shells by the construction.

Posted on 13 years ago

There was a set on the VDF a while ago with a "Boston" badge-very similar to those drums.And-not to disagree with the expert but....those may not be Pearl.Those are not typical Pearl spurs or lugs.I'm thinking possibly Hoshino or one of the uncommon brands,like Gracy.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here