Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Unknown drumset

[Attachment: 661]

[Attachment: 662]

[Attachment: 663]

I have recently come into possession of what appears to be a vintage DW or Camco drum set, it consists of four pieces but none have any stamps, numbers or tags.

The owner of these drums told me that they are old, not sure how old but more than likely pre 1980?s.

Can anyone here give me any idea of what these might be?

Thanks in advance!

3 attachments
60.5 kB
83.3 kB
Posted on 18 years ago

I can't tell from those photos.While the lugs are Camco / DW it appears that the bass drum has new spurs and new wooden hoops.If you can...please take a photo of the snare strainer and maybe some shots of the all the drums interiors.And also if they are any extra holes that look as if they have been sealed.

18 Kits & 40+ snares..
Not a Guru, just addicted to drums

- Jay
Posted on 18 years ago

I don't think those are DW or Camco lugs...those are available from the drum parts places. The set looks like a custom, private builder set..probably keller shells and generic parts. You could check out donoho or medicine man drums for similar items. It's not a vintage set...

Posted on 18 years ago

Rich K. is absolutely correct. Those are CUSTOM BUILT drums. Of interest is that Joe Montineri has wrapped shells with that EXACT wrap many times... and he has also used those lugs in the past too. But the drums ARE NOT Montineri's as Joe always badges his drums. Regardless...

Undoubtably Keller shells... and I bet they sound nice too.

Tommyp

Posted on 18 years ago

Thanks for all the info - is there any way of putting a price on a set like this

? Thanks in advance

Posted on 18 years ago

Difficult to estimate a value -outside of the cost of the parts. Since a lot of what collecting is, has to do with the name and history attached to the drum or to the company.

Custom built kits like this are quite common these days and there really isn't much to them as far as original design elements. They all are basically built from the core of raw materials that are available...in essence, Keller shells, Gibralter mounts, knockoff lugs and generic hoops and rims. It is likely that this kit wasn't even built by a custom builder due to the lack of an identifying badge. Probably something put together by a hobbyist.

Resale value is low on these kits. MAYBE a couple hundred to five hundred dollars for the shellpack if they are in excellent shape and someone needs it. That's MY guess.

If it were a Camco kit, it would be worth several thousand dollars.

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 18 years ago

Probably a little late in on this one but the lugs look (from the photo) suspiciously like British Hayman lugs.....and that's it from me. Have Camco and have had DW and it's not one of those (as everyone else has already confirmed.

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here