Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Unknown drum kit

I just bought this kit sight unseen for $40.00. It seemed to cheap to pass up. Can anyone tell me what brand this could be? I know it is a long shot with such poor pics everyone on here is so knowledgeable i thought i would try. I did notice that the kit has a rogers bass pedal and hihat stand.

Joe

3 attachments
1962 Slingerland Studio King Blue Glass Glitter
1967 Ludwig Super Classic Psych Red FOR SALE
1972 Ludwig Hollywood 3 ply WMP
1970 Rogers Holiday 22"/12"/13"/16"/18"
Posted on 13 years ago

For me the pics are too poor to make a final statement.

Am I right: are the lugs on the reso side of the bass drum different from the ones on the batter side? Reso side: look similar to Rogers or Hoshino (no, no: not Star!), the other lugs might be similar to Star lugs.

- ? -

Can't really tell ... Sharp pics would be of help, you said it!

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 13 years ago

It looks like a late Star stencil kit of the lower line to me. The snare, from what I can see, is a Pearl student POS, but can be made to sound OK. Now, the hi-hat made the whole deal worth it. That is a Swivomatic model as best I can tell, and is worth more than you paid for all of it.

Now, to make those shells sing, sand a little bit of sharpness into them, carefully of course, and try some Aquarian Z-100 coated all around, and they smack. I might put an EQ-1 on the bass batter.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

I,as a rule will buy almost any reasonable quality complete set under $100.In this case the Swivo hi-hat and a King Beat Tama bass pedal would clinch it-those two components will likely make the money back on Ebay.I have one of those POS Pearl generic snares on my practice set and LOVE it!And there were also miscelaneous stands and parts beside the floor tom in one picture.

Last year I bought a set similar to this for $100.The pictures were terrible,but I had a feeling the ad was incorrectly listed.It turned out to be a Slingy 8X12 and 14X20 BRUSH PAINTED black over Gold Sparkle,"Club Date"style lugs,chocolate milk interiors.Broken Sonor Champion hi hat stand,when fixed,sold and made my money back-all the rest-paid for.And my favorite Premier oval tube snare stand included.

I think that set is a good investment.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here