Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.25678%

unknown bd pedal and hh stand

I got this pedal and hihat stand ,and they seems to be

very old, but working well. Do you know who make them and when? Looks like some MIJ cause hihat stand are pretty similar to my old Yamaha stand..

I don't know if that was chrome stand ? It doesnot shine and its pilled off on some places

2 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

I had a couple of identical bass pedals at one time and a hi-hat that was almost identical.The hi-hat is o.k. but needs to be put back together every now and then. They are likely of Taiwanese origin from the 80's or 90's.

I built up 3 Mij kits for a school for the developmentally handicapped and used these types of pedals with them in their music program and at one of their group homes.

One of the bass pedals fell apart almost immediately. The connecting strap is just screwed into the heel plate with 2 machine screws; they vibrated loose and fell out and the bearings fell apart(they were made of nylon). What I did was drill through and put in rivets which I peined over for the connecting straps and I found a some metal ball bearings in my parts pile to fix the beater shafts----so the pedals are o.k. now. One other problem with them is that the footplate is very thin cast aluminum. One of the pedals got stepped on while it was not on the drum and the footplate snapped in half but I found a footplate to replace it. They are serviceable pedals but not durable.

Posted on 12 years ago

I got it with slingerland kit that I posted a couple a days ago. I wanted to know what is it, and I knew that someone will tell me what these are. That is why I love this forum.

Anyway, I am gonna sell it or change for something that I need (already have a better pedal and stand).

Thank you very much.

Posted on 12 years ago

The stand and pedal are M.I.T. mid 90's to mid 2000....These were sold with many sets.Both of these pieces are made very poorly...Mikey

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here