Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Unique wrap idea

A friend of mine (who is not a member here) loves to toy around with drums, this I thought I would share. He bought a rogers shell off e bay for $10, it was a jasper shell, I believe it was a tom. He cut the drum in half, cut out a section, molded the two halves together, used old parts he had laying around and made this snare. The cool part is the wrap on this is metal roof sheeting material he bought for $15 a roll at home depot, looks amazing, and he has less than $40 invested

2 attachments
Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 12 years ago

That's pretty cool. How's it sound?

Posted on 12 years ago

To my supirse its killer, he is working on a copper wrap next, will post when done.......this guy can turn a garbage can into a nice drum. the copper wrap is also some type of roof flashing, cant wait to see it myself.

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 12 years ago

Would love to see pics of the copper one when it's done.

Posted on 12 years ago

very cool! Cool1

Posted on 12 years ago

Nice looking drum - but:

Why did he take out the middle section, and not just a piece from one of the ends?

Sounds like a lot of complication - and a not-so good shell, glued together in the centre....even if there were re-rings, it must be very much better to take out the re-ring and re-fit it to a shortened shell?

Then it would work like a factory made shell, directly from Jasper - and not some patched-up thingy.

Regards

Jon

Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here