Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Uncomfortable Ride Tom Set-up

Is there a hardware option/set-up trick to getting the ride tom higher, further back, and more to the center of the bass drum on my Windsor set?

It seems way to the left of where I would like it, and I have it set as far to the right as it will go with the consolette.

Is there a different attachment for the consolette which allows more variety, or am I stuck with this and I'm just going to have to get used to it?

With the snare in front of the tom, I can barely reach the bass pedal.

2 attachments
Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

You're going to laugh because of the simplicity of it, but here goes...

Turn the tom around.

If you attach the tom from the right side, it will allow you to center the tom over the bass quite a bit more. It will also allow you to pitch it back a bit.

You will need to move the mount down the hot dog a bit to compensate, but it will work.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks man, I'll try it............

Dunno if it will clear the bass that way, but I'm willing to try.

Other than that, is there another hot dog connection-contraption that would conjure up a congenial conclusion to this comedic calamity ?

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Yup. You can always pick up one of those extended tongue rods (oh my). It is basically the same piece you have, only longer. It will 'boost' your tom upwards, which will allow you to angle it forward, back, or right. Could be a better solution if you aren't looking for an 'odd' look.

Posted on 14 years ago

That will have to be the solution. The ride doesn't clear the bass when I reverse it. Bummer

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

On the set I play now I turn the bass drum at a 30 degree angle to straight.This will allow you to put the tom right in front,but will move the F.T.back slightly,due to the bass angle.Also allows your foot and leg a natural angle like the hihat.

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks man, I'll try that !

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here