Will using lighter sticks work for keeping the volume down for those “acoustic gigs”? Yep, but I found these easier to control volume with having to concentrate on keeping the sticks hits lighter, allowing me to play the song, not the stick.

I have been experimenting with the http://lidwishsoulutions.com/ Ultra Tone Quiet Drumming System for a couple of months. I have been surprised at how well they work when used as designed.

First let me say they are not designed for heavy hitting. If you have a small gig, or need to take the DB’s out of the practice room, the drumsticks have a nice feel and response. The replaceable tips are adjustable for length, which can change the feel and sound a bit. I figure the reduction in noise at about 80%. The nicest surprise is how well the cymbals sound. I got a good bounce and ping on the ride. The crashes responded well. Highhat click was nice. If you have been using hotrods to cut sound levels, these are a better solution, especially for the cymbals.

Included are some soft tips that go on the tip inserts for even quieter playing. Don’t think these are intended for actual playing, but they do allow for practice on any hard surface with a decent bounce and feel.

Bass drum beater is a bit soft, but effective. There are 3 sizes included to change the feel and response as the situation dictates. Decent bounce, remembering that these are designed for low volume situations. Not sure how well the shaft will hold up over the long term, as I don’t have a full time gig, using it mostly for practice.

The look of the product is different. I don’t care for the stripes much, and think a solid black look would go over better with the average drummer. Just don’t write them off because of looks.

And the Back Pocket picture in their ads needs to be changed.