Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.05219%

Type IV old K Istanbuls

post- anything new- current -interesting- concerning- Type IV (a and b) K Zildjian Istanbuls

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 5 years ago

Now here's a wild stamp era- soundwise. Bill knows. the ol Type IV. a or b.

You know they look like type III's (agree? yes no?) but seemed to have been made out of concrete.

I call em mono-tone. (I have an 18 and a 16) and I hear the 20s and 22s..

Mono-tone.

Very much unlike any other era----even tho--- last of; that connection---the cup etc--- with threes.

Very strong mono-tone none of the "butterfly breath" of the III era. Unless I've not heard enough III's.. (I have one a 14"-- beautiful as top hh)

IV are strict stiff monotones- hard to figure why it was, with this era. Visually can't see why

But everyone of them seems same mono.

Posted on 5 years ago

Shame (on Chad) we've lost track of all our Holic members- many European for example kalmarz here- has his (one of his) Type IV 22" up on bay..

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOWMoyh-JiA"]22" K Istanbul old stamp IVb, 2345 grams, FOR SALE 3000 EUR, YOU CAN EMAIL TO kalmarjazz@gmail.com - YouTube[/ame]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22-K-ISTANBUL-OLD-STAMP-IVB-1958-59-RIDE-2345-GRAMS-NEW-SOUNDFILE-VIDEO/323798642021?hash=item4b63e72d65:g:NfwAAOSwx95a9w8-

Yep. Chad broke up the band ;) ..lol)

Posted on 5 years ago

Shame (on Chad) we've lost track of all our Holic members- many European for example kalmarz here- has his (one of his) Type IV 22" up on bay..22" K Istanbul old stamp IVb, 2345 grams, FOR SALE 3000 EUR, YOU CAN EMAIL TO kalmarjazz@gmail.com - YouTubehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/22-K-ISTANBUL-OLD-STAMP-IVB-1958-59-RIDE-2345-GRAMS-NEW-SOUNDFILE-VIDEO/323798642021?hash=item4b63e72d65:g:NfwAAOSwx95a9w8-Yep. Chad broke up the band ;) ..lol)

Sounds pretty good on the short take. But it's all scribbled on, He wants top $$ for a scribbled on ruined cymbal.

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 5 years ago

He always asks a Lot; still a good guy; and I think he's Found and retrieved all the old Ks sitting in the Churches in Eastern and Central Europe. (somebodys gotta do it...)

Think he lives 25m from Transylvania;

Posted on 5 years ago

He always asks a Lot; still a good guy; and I think he's Found and retrieved all the old Ks sitting in the Churches in Eastern and Central Europe. (somebodys gotta do it...) Think he lives 25m from Transylvania;

With the big U.S. music rush in the 40's and 50's and 60's, Do you think there are more K's in Europe than the States ?

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 5 years ago

Shame (on Chad) we've lost track of all our Holic members- many European for example kalmarz here- has his (one of his) Type IV 22" up on bay..22" K Istanbul old stamp IVb, 2345 grams, FOR SALE 3000 EUR, YOU CAN EMAIL TO kalmarjazz@gmail.com - YouTubehttps://www.ebay.com/itm/22-K-ISTANBUL-OLD-STAMP-IVB-1958-59-RIDE-2345-GRAMS-NEW-SOUNDFILE-VIDEO/323798642021?hash=item4b63e72d65:g:NfwAAOSwx95a9w8-Yep. Chad broke up the band ;) ..lol)

Hope it just a poor recording but I don't care for this cymbal. Can't hear the stick because of the overwhelming wash.

Mark
BosLover
Posted on 5 years ago

Not an impressive recording at all. I just wanted to put something in the Type IV category. It's all messed up.

But if you know "IV" s at all you can hear the "IV" in that even with the stink recording... the type four mono-tone.

Even with a perfect recording- a IV alone- few are impressive; Get it in a band? And the Stick Sound is so dominant- you end up relying on it as your Time keeper- metronome- like few others.

IV's don't sound well alone but in a band- filled in- by the other instruments: Look out.

Very contained-stiff sound mono sound.

But that's exactly something to keep a group/band/ the music/ in -line..

Weird. Nothing like them.

I have an 18 and would be scared of a 20 definitely frightened by a 22.

Altho I would entertain a 20. 22 no way. You'd have to be driving an orchestra..

that's what IV are about

Posted on 5 years ago

here's another one ( 2 soundfiles same cymbal) type IV can sorta hear the "mono tone" I call them.

https://soundcloud.com/user-428559521/22k-oldstampa2710g-offmic

they're just tightly- focused intensely unlike another K stamp

https://soundcloud.com/user-428559521/22-k-old-stamp-a-2600gmp3

narrow bandwidth Potent intense just narrow contained stiff..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Zildjian-22-Old-Stamp-IVa-1957-58-2710g-SOUNDFILE/401770079356?hash=item5d8b5ce47c:g:5nUAAOSwuTNcxoEk

Posted on 5 years ago

You see, I figure there's "6" Sound -Types of old Ks. And they follow exactly the stamp. (When the stamp changed the sound (and build) changed.

New Stamps. Intermediates, Type 4s, Type III's.

Now Type I and II's I'm not as familiar and don't know how I's and II's "relate" (soundwise + build) to III's.

So either 5 or 6 consistent " Sound Types" correlating with the stamp (in itself amazing).

Which led me to a theory: thruout a Stamp Era- the same "team" or general "foreman"- built that run. For the years.

The Stamp " change" correlated with a "team" change with a slight different "style/approach"...

In other words after 2-3 years they "threw" the IV team out ( dang guys didn't show up on time- something like that- drank too much)

And a whole new group- maybe including foreman- maybe even including change of ownership of the Co. letterhead- and then that Style ( say Intermediate ran for what 6 or so years...

Then another- team change- stamp change- style change..

Within an era the cymbal were so consistent in build (sound details accompanying)

that it was like 6 different companies! from (what) 1940 to 1978..

Same Premises; but different people; for the "run" of that insignia/ Stamp..

~

File this under " Why did the Stamp Change and the Cymbal along with it exactly" category.

that evolution could have been because, foreman's, team's, someone overseeing the operation, changed, simultaneously)

~

"Within an era, they were so build consistent" .

Then that changes with an Insignia change. And the build rides that era until the next one.

~

I can hardly explain the evolution- I, II, III, IV, Intermediate, New Stamp- any other way.

Or I have not heard - why the stamp change accompanied a build change- why didn't they "evolve' without a stamp change; or evolve in the "middle" of an Stamp era..

It didn't work that way; all these years we've been on the net; a IV or an Intermediate or any of the other 5/6 eras; - is the same no matter where one pops up around the globe.

Had to be 6 ---over time---different Shops (crews over time) under One Roof.

Either that or it was miraculous. Miraculous Timing.

Just like what their cymbals deliver. Perfect timing.

Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here