Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Tympani Head on 21 inch Bass Drum??

Hi Guys:

Have a question, hope someone can help out:

I have acquired a Sonor 21 inch bass drum from 1959. It of course uses "Pre -International" heads, which are a giant hassle to obtain these days.

However, Tympani heads are readily available and come in 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, inch sizes and more.

Is there any reason I couldnt use a Tympani head on the drum?

I was reading online that you need to go one inch larger, that is, if the drum is 21 inches (mine) , you use a 22 inch Tympani head.

Has anyone here ever tried this, and did the head s fit?

Many thanks for any help!!!!

Retro

Posted on 13 years ago

From Retrosonic

Hi Guys:Have a question, hope someone can help out:I have acquired a Sonor 21 inch bass drum from 1959. It of course uses "Pre -International" heads, which are a giant hassle to obtain these days.However, Tympani heads are readily available and come in 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, inch sizes and more.Is there any reason I couldnt use a Tympani head on the drum?I was reading online that you need to go one inch larger, that is, if the drum is 21 inches (mine) , you use a 22 inch Tympani head.Has anyone here ever tried this, and did the head s fit?Many thanks for any help!!!!Retro

Take the drum to the shop and see if they will allow you to fit it. Many indie shops will, and at least our G/C will allow us to bring in drums to fit. Many of the store managers want to be good stewards of the community.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 13 years ago

All my Sonor drums take a head one inch larger than the drum !!

It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago

Your edge should look like mine

1 attachments
It`s a drum,.....Hit It !!

.....76/#XK9207 Phonic Sound Machine D454/D-505 snares !i
Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here