Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.86430%

Two Times and Counting

I have polished my Super Classic find two times and they look good but still some yellowing, on top of bass drum,side of floor tom and most all the rack tom, witch would be consistant with being left set up and left alone for a long time(I think). Here they are. I was just wondering if I should maybe try the Novus treatment to remove the yellowing thats left? Will the Novus treatment do any better than what I,ve already done? I haven't waxed them yet so they are ready for another round of polishing. Just asking.

Tom

3 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago

What did you use to polish? I haven't used Novus, so I am not sure how much more yellowing will get removed.

I did cleanup a WMP Slingerland that was pretty yellowed. Do the best you can. Once the polished hardware was installed and the drum was completely put back together, the shine from the chrome drew my attention from the yellowing.

Here are some before and after pics.

Good luck!

- Tim

Posted on 12 years ago

Tim I used Mothers Headlight Restoration Kit and in my opinion they look pretty good after going at them two times with the Mothers Kit. purdie shuffle recommended Mothers for me. I think it worked fine but there is some yellowing left. I ran out of polish and I thought what the heck this is a good time to see if Novus treatment would remove anymore yellowing.

After seeing your Beautiful drum with yellowing and the Chrome looking as it does I think I will go ahead with the waxing. I usually use Wrights Silver polish but don't have any right now and its getting harded to find around town.

This is the Yellowing left after polishing. I didn't want to try the process that is being discussed in this thread. Tom

1 attachments
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here