Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Trouble with Vintage Imperialstar & New Iron Cobra

Greetings and salutations!

I recently acquired an early 80's Tama Imperialstar kit with a 24" bass drum. I'm having some trouble attaching my Iron Cobra double bass pedal. When I put the pedal where the beaters should be and tighten the clamp, the pedal board tilts horribly with the angle of the hoop, lifting the right side of the pedal and screwing everything up.

Anybody have any suggestions? The Iron Cobra is pretty new and I don't know a lot about the adjustments, but I can't seem to find any way to angle the mounting clamp.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

- robert

Posted on 15 years ago

Am I wrong in thinking my Imperialstars had the metal hoops? Do yours? If so, it may be that you are hitting that indention area which is causing your pedal to push more forward. Is that the case?

Posted on 15 years ago

I've had similar problems, and I had to lengthen my bass drum legs so I had a different, slightly steeper skin angle so both beaters could touch the skin. Also, on my Iron Cobra, using the dial as well as the tightening wingnut gets different results, though it's a little about trial and error.

Tama Superstar, 22, 22, 16, 14, 13 Desert Burst
Premier Genista, 22, 16, 13, 12 Black Lacquer
Premier Genista, 20, 14, 10 and snare Black Lacquer
Premier Resonator 22, 16, 14, 13 poly creme/black
Zickos 22, 16, 14, 13, clear acrylic and snare
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here