Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

This kit was up fs in the Austin area a few years ago. It has re-surfaced here in San Antonio. The owner wants $600. It's the Luxus model with a 13,16,20. The wrap has faded and it's missing the badge on the 16. There are no extra holes and it has the tom arm. Is this a reasonable price and are they similar in sound to Sonor kits from the same era? Thanks.

3 attachments
Posted on 6 years ago

Hi...Is the Trixon kit being offered by you, or are you passing the info along?

If they were the teardrop lugs, it would be worth the 600 as is. I never cared for the snare drums so that would be fine by me.

I think those lugs were 70,s, but I could be wrong. Ingo is the expert on all things Trixon, you should check with him.

Also, those tom hoops don't appear to be original, which is a huge draw for these shells.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 6 years ago

I'm thinking about getting them for myself. I owned a champagne kit like this one a few years ago, but I didn't play them much before trading them off, so I don't remember too much about the sound.

Posted on 6 years ago

I'm a Sonor player so I,d be interested in your opinion of them. Make sure the heads are standard sizes. If you need to buy "metric" it will cost a couple of hundred just for the toms.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 6 years ago

I do remember from the kit I owned that the heads are standard size.

Posted on 6 years ago

that's A BONUS, but make sure about those hoops.

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 6 years ago

He said they were original, here's the kit I owned several years ago, I believe the hoops are the same.

1 attachments
115.1 kB
Posted on 6 years ago

Well, if its all there I,d go for it...remember me when you want to move it. Your first kit was a beauty!

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 6 years ago

What you have there is a 1965-1967... $600 bucks is about right...the wrap is not too bad as the aqua is the Trixon wrap that tends to fade the most...

I know of a 1964 Luxus for sale at 800 euros with snare so I would go for this mate....

Good luck

45/48 Slingerland WMP
51 Luxus WMP
56 Speedfire BDP
56 Speedfire WMP
59 Speedfire Aqua
59 Speedfire Red Sparkle
59 Deri Dixi Red Perloid
59 Luxus BDP
60 Luxus Black Silver
61 Luxus WMP
62 Telstar Blue Stripe
62 Telstar Red Croc
62 Telstar Gold Croc
62 Telstar Blue Croc
63 Luxus Gold Croc
64 Speedfire Blue Sparkle
64 Luxus Black/Gold Spots
65 Speedfire Gold Croc
66 Luxus Blue Croc
66 Vox Thunderbolt Silver Croc
67 Vox Telstar Blue Croc
67 Vox Telstar Red Sparkle
Posted on 6 years ago

Thanks diamond, judging by your arsenal, you must be a Trixon guru. Is it fair to say that Trixon Luxus kits sound a lot like the Sonor teardrops from the same era? The reason I ask is because I've owned and played a few teardrop kits and loved the sound, but I don't have too much experience with Trixon.

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here