Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.65553%

Hi everyone,

I got given these a few years ago from a lady who's late husband was a jazz drummer, and she was nice enough to pass them onto me. They had more of the kit but it was put out on their front lawn for rubbish collection as they thought the bass drum was "Warped". Could this mean it was one of the kits that had the odd sized bass drum? Any help would be great!

1 attachments
Posted on 13 years ago

From Wakk

Hi everyone, I got given these a few years ago from a lady who's late husband was a jazz drummer, and she was nice enough to pass them onto me. They had more of the kit but it was put out on their front lawn for rubbish collection as they thought the bass drum was "Warped". Could this mean it was one of the kits that had the odd sized bass drum? Any help would be great! Thanks :)

Hi, Wakk, Sad to say YES that set would have the egg shell bass drum..It looks like you only have the snare and two toms right? You are missing the three other mounted toms and floor tomand bass..To bad a complete set could sell to up to 2,000.00 + U>S.....Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago

Yeah they got rid of the rest, but oh well it happens.

Thanks heaps for the response Mikey!

Posted on 13 years ago

You'd better beat it over to the city dump and try to get that bass drum back.

The very thought of that thing being tossed out like that makes me sick.

Posted on 13 years ago

Trust me if I could of saved it I would have! Im sure other people know of times people have thrown out some gems, not knowing what they really had. Does suck for sure.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Wakk

Trust me if I could of saved it I would have! Im sure other people know of times people have thrown out some gems, not knowing what they really had. Does suck for sure.

Hey, I got your bass drum.....right here. (grabs crotch)

It's not egg shaped, but it'll work because it's the right color and lug style:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Trixon-1950s-early-60s-Bass-Drum-/200622930045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2eb60ef87d

Posted on 13 years ago

hahaha, Thanks mate.

I'll have a look.

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here