Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

Transition stars?

Dear Fellow Members,

I couple of days ago, I purchased a complete set of vintage Stars from a gentleman who stated that he bought them new in the early 70's. I have cymbals, hardware and a foot pedal. The drums are a pearl red. The bass is 20 inches. The lugs on the tenor tom are not opposite. The ones on the snare and floor tom are.The badges are round: Star, Finest Quality, made in Japan. The foot pedal reads: Imperial Star.The bass drum has a rail mount for a single tom and a cymbal mount on the right. I believe the drums are in the transition stage just before Star became Tama in 1974. I wish I could send pictures but, our computer will not allow it for some reason.

I just finished restoring my Supremes. I will now be starting again ( rubber for the bass drum spur? anyone have one?).

If anyone has any info, I would be truly grateful.

Thanks.

Brian

P.S. Even the heads are original! Each has a symbol of a star with the word, "Star" inside!

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago

Hi Brian,

Seems like your Star is indeed one of the latest period.

What's the prob with the pics? Their size must be either small or you have to transfer them to a separate account. PM me if you need someone to do it for you.

Ralf

Vintage STAR (= Pre-Tama) website: www.star-drums.de
Posted on 14 years ago

Email the pix and I will post them. I am going to USPS in the morning to drop your goodies, BTW.

"Ignorance may be overcome through education. Stupidity, however, is a lifelong endeavor." So, educate me, I don't likes bein' ignant...
"I enjoy restoring 60s Japanese "stencil" drums...I can actually afford them..."I rescue the worst of the old valueless drums for disadvantaged Children and gladly accept donations of parts, pieces and orphans, No cockroaches, please...
http://www.youtube.com/user/karstenboy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coffee...16613138379603
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks, John!

It's going to take a while to restore this kit. By then, I'll have taken a crash course in computer usage. If not, my nephew will be able to help me to post pictures or send them to you.Once again, I am in your debt, sir!

Brian

Just a drummer who loves all things about vintage drums! Nothing more, nothing less.
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here