Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.25887%

Trade '60s Ludwig 16" blue sparkle FT for silver sparkle?

I posted this earlier in the "Trade" section, but that area of the forum seems to get very little traffic, so I hope it's OK to cross-post it here:

A good friend who isn't on this forum has a 1967 Ludwig silver sparkle 16" floor tom that he'd like to trade for the same drum in blue sparkle (from the same general era) to complete his '60s blue sparkle Ludwig set. I don't have any pics to post yet - I'll try to do that this weekend - but he says it's in excellent condition and looks almost new.

He'd prefer to do a straight up trade, rather than sell it and then have to try to find a 16" blue sparkle tom before the money disappears. :)

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll get you his contact info.

Scott

PS - the serial # on the silver sparkle floor tom is 458373.

Posted on 15 years ago

I mentioned in my earlier note that I'd post some pics of the silver sparkle 16" FT my friend wants to trade for the same thing in blue sparkle. Here are a few low quality shots from my cell phone (sorry!).

It's not quite as minty fresh as I'd been led to believe, but then again it's been sitting in a closet for several years and would certainly benefit from a good cleaning.

Anyway, now that I see it, I'm wondering if it might be a candidate for a re-wrap if he can't track down a blue sparkle replacement. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Would you re-wrap a 1967 drum in this condition, or leave it original and hold out for one that's the right color?

Scott

3 attachments
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here