Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.06263%

Tony the tiger

My late 60's yamaha's . i had this kit for a while now . i'm getting near the end of the resto . still missing the bass drum mount and 12" tom that came with it . i just love the wrap on this one it's near mint . i think some one on this site called it a red willow /red ripple my son calls it tiger . these drums have thin shells and the drums sound deeper than they look . i dont think it's gonna be easy to come across the missing parts . i guess thats why it came with 12" 14" 16" remo roto toms . [Attachment: 25392]

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

Sweet! I hope you find the matching 12" tom someday.

Posted on 13 years ago

I dont have the rack tom, but i have 6 nice t-rods with the clamps for your bass drum

if you need them.

Posted on 13 years ago

From giger.t.

I dont have the rack tom, but i have 6 nice t-rods with the clamps for your bass drum if you need them.

i will keep you in mind for sure thanks

80's 13 pc sonor signature
1979 12 pc ludwig power factory
Posted on 13 years ago

I've been drumming for 40 years and have never seen this pattern in red.I've seen yellow-gold,but never red.That is some rare set.

Posted on 13 years ago

I have the same kit in that colour that I'm currently in the process of cleaning up (pic is pre clean up but they are in amazing condition). Mine is a 20-16-13-14. I have a whole spare set of lugs/mountings etc including the bass drum tom mount and the diamond bracket for the tom. Unfortunately I don't have a spare tom in that colour. I do have a same era spare Yamaha 13" tom but in a different wrap so not much good either. If you find a tom and need the BD mounting hardware, let me know.

1 attachments
Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 13 years ago

@teverson sr - now you've seen two. It's been a busy day :)

Andrew

Golden Curtain
www.myspace.com/garagelandnz
Posted on 13 years ago

Very cool pattern and color.These type colors/patterns have come back-I saw a new Gretsch Catalina @GC in Red Onyx.24-13-16.

Posted on 13 years ago

From Fayray

@teverson sr - now you've seen two. It's been a busy day :)

I've already noticed that previously unseen finishes go in packs...

Sysl krysu nenahradi!

-196?-72 6ply White Oyster Amati
-1960s 3ply Red Sparkle Amati
- Zildjian, Paiste, Zyn, Istanbul

http://bandzone.cz/blueswan
Posted on 13 years ago

From drums2xs

My late 60's yamaha's . i had this kit for a while now . i'm getting near the end of the resto . still missing the bass drum mount and 12" tom that came with it . i just love the wrap on this one it's near mint . i think some one on this site called it a red willow /red ripple my son calls it tiger . these drums have thin shells and the drums sound deeper than they look . i dont think it's gonna be easy to come across the missing parts . i guess thats why it came with 12" 14" 16" remo roto toms . [Attachment: 25392]

Hey Drums2xs--i have have found a mounted tom for your set,a friend of mine just email me a photo of a pile of vintage M.I.J. drums on C/L in his town and for the price the guy is asking he's going to go have a look later today Friday....i will keep you posted...Mikey

Posted on 13 years ago
Action Another action Something else here