Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

Tone Control for a Ludwig Snare

Hey Guys,

I have a Transition Badge Ludwig Pioneer with a broken tone control. This was found when changing out the heads with my boys but I was really intending to take an opportunity to teach them the history of this particular drum and hopefully help spark an interest in vintage drums.

The broken part is the bent spring steel strip that bolts to the inside of the drum and has the muffler on the end. Mine is configured with the tone control knob on top and the smaller bolt on the bottom.

I do not need the tone knob and the screws as I plan to reuse them. I could potentially need the cylinder shaped nut that goes on the end of the bolt for the knob.

I would just by the whole assembly and use the part I need from what Ludwig sells now, P40662, but it is configured with the tone control knob on the bottom.

Anyone have any parts laying around you do not intend to use?

Thanks,

Wes

Posted on 7 years ago

I have one, from the eighties I think.

PM me, I'll look and see what I have.

Posted on 7 years ago

Still looking.

Thanks,

Wes

Posted on 7 years ago

A little bumpy bump! Still looking.

Posted on 6 years ago

One currently on ebay, seller is biggerspec4tao. He wants 60 + ship, which is a bit high in my opinion. I am always on the hunt for these tone controls. My advice is that if you can find a nice one in the $35-45 range, buy it! I believe its a P-4066 you need, but do not have my Ludwig book in front of me.

Out of curiosity, whats the finish on the Pioneer? I'm a huge fan/collector of the Trans Badge Era.

Good luck on your search.

Allen

Posted on 6 years ago

From Allenl55

One currently on ebay, seller is biggerspec4tao. He wants 60 + ship, which is a bit high in my opinion. I am always on the hunt for these tone controls. My advice is that if you can find a nice one in the $35-45 range, buy it! I believe its a P-4066 you need, but do not have my Ludwig book in front of me. Out of curiosity, whats the finish on the Pioneer? I'm a huge fan/collector of the Trans Badge Era. Good luck on your search.Allen

Hi Allen.

This is snare is WMP and nickel platted. You and I were both inquiring about this snare and the gentleman decided to sell locally.

I removed the head and found the tone control was cracked at ththe bend in the steel and snapped in half as soon as I touched it. Was pretty bummed. I had no Idea how difficult it is to find one of these and at a price I do not feel like I am being racked over the coals for.

I want to get this snare back up and running but want to with a working tone control. I just do not feel right taking it off leaving holes and then using something like moon gel. I'm a fairly traditional guy when it comes to these cool vintage drums. I may have to figure out a way to repair it temporarily cause I really want to use this snare with my band. We have a small jam space and I think this drum will be perfect for it.

Thanks for the reality check on market value for these things.

Wes

Posted on 6 years ago

I may have what you need.

Please email me at:

[email]surface.n@battenfeld-cincinnati.com[/email]

Nevin

Posted on 6 years ago
Action Another action Something else here