Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 130.66388%

Tom rims COB vs COS how to tell which is which?

How do you tell the difference between a COB and COS tom rim? I've been looking for the answer but can't really find it. On some of the bass tension rods I can see the brass where the chrome has worn off. But looking at the tom rims to my kit (slingerland) I can't tell which they are. Any guidance would be great thanks. I can post some pics of my rims if it'll help.

Glenn.

Not a guru just havin fun with some old dusty drums.
Posted on 12 years ago

Just to add I tried a magnet and it would not stick to my rims. I can see a worn edge in one of the tension rods holes on one rim and it's indeed brass. Just curious if your out looking at kits and parts if there's a easy way to ID.

Glenn.

Posted on 12 years ago

Very good thanks.

Glenn.

Posted on 12 years ago

Use a STRONG magnet though........

My dad gave me a very nice one from his machine shop days.......

no guessing whether brass or steel now!

Home Despot and Lowes/Maynards sell good ones too.

"Always make sure your front bottom BD lugs clear the ground!"
Posted on 12 years ago

From blairndrums

Use a STRONG magnet though........My dad gave me a very nice one from his machine shop days.......no guessing whether brass or steel now!Home Despot and Lowes/Maynards sell good ones too.

Yep, you should see the look VTM2000 gives me when I bring out the Dominos refrigerator magnet to check out rims...... lol !!

Kevin
Posted on 12 years ago
Action Another action Something else here