Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.85386%

Tom mount for 67 Ludwings. Big or small hole?

I need to buy the Tom mount for my 13" tom tom on my 1967 Ludwig Holiday kit. When I am looking on Ebay, I see that there is a smaller sized and larger sized eyebolt. I believe it has to do with the year. How do I know which one to buy?

Thanks,

Jamie

Posted on 15 years ago

Well never mind, I found it. If someone knows the answer I would still love to know the difference.

Thanks

Posted on 15 years ago

Well... I don't know much about Ludwig drums... I own a "64 Acrolite, that I need to put back together, and a "69 marching snare... I would love to own a Ludwig kit but that's another story....

BUT maybe this will help answer the question: reading "The Ludwig Book" by Rob Cook indicates that the P-1216A in use from 1962-1965 used 1/4" bolt with 18 threads per inch. That was replaced with P-1216D that was introduced in 1965-and still in use at the publishing of the book used 5/16" bolt with 20 threads per inch. Both looked almost identical from the outside but were clearly different on the inside.

I suppose it would follow that a '67 tom would use the 5/16"x20... does that seem correct??

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

It makes sense to me. Thanks a lot!

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here