Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.86221%

To re-wrap not re-wrap?

I'm currently working on a '69 Downbeat in Silver Sparkle. The wrap is a little faded. Would it be worth it to put a new wrap on it or leave it?

Thanks for your feedback.

Current playing kit: '76 Ludwig Big Beat - White Cortex, 12/13/16/22 Hercules snare & cymbal stands, Atlas 1124 hi-hat. Zildjian Armand Series cymbals - 14" hats, 18" med. thin crash, 16" thin crash, 10" splash & 21" medium ride.

Current projects
:
1969 Ludwig Downbeat - Silver Sparkle just toms and bass, 12/14/20
Posted on 14 years ago

Let me ask this are all the drums faded the same? also a re-wrapped drum will lose 30% to 40% of it's value, so if you are going to re sale them, you'll spend big bucks to do so to lose money in the end, if your going to keep them then you'll need to decide that one for yourself!

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

Thank you, that is pretty much the answer I was looking for. The fade is quite even on all three drums. I will leave the wrap as is. At this point I haven't decided whether to sell them or not.

What would command a better price, a complete kit with snare and hardware or the way the kit is now with no snare, stands or pedal? I'm trying to complete the kit but the ebay snipers are killing me on the flat base cymbal stands and L-arm.

Current playing kit: '76 Ludwig Big Beat - White Cortex, 12/13/16/22 Hercules snare & cymbal stands, Atlas 1124 hi-hat. Zildjian Armand Series cymbals - 14" hats, 18" med. thin crash, 16" thin crash, 10" splash & 21" medium ride.

Current projects
:
Posted on 14 years ago

From rworthley

Thank you, that is pretty much the answer I was looking for. The fade is quite even on all three drums. I will leave the wrap as is. At this point I haven't decided whether to sell them or not.What would command a better price, a complete kit with snare and hardware or the way the kit is now with no snare, stands or pedal? I'm trying to complete the kit but the ebay snipers are killing me on the flat base cymbal stands and L-arm.

A complete set would sell for more money,but it would cost alot of money to get the parts snare,stands 300.00+ in these things.So say you have 250.00 in the drums you have then add the 300.00+ for the stands ete..You may just want to sell the drums as they are..Mikey

Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks Mikey, I have already acquired some of the parts to make the kit functional such as lugs, wing nuts, washers, screws, rubber tips, floor tom legs, T-rods and bass drum claws. I've also picked up a flat base snare stand and a 1123-1 hi-hat stand.

The kit needs a few more items to finish it off, mainly two B/O pointy badges with grommets and a 14" 6 ear hoop.

Current projects
:
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here