I'm a player more than I am a collector but am mindful of the whole collector attitude. I've got a Camco kit which, because it ended up with the wrong floor tom, I had to recover (frowned upon by collectors, I know).

Now most of the kit was originally a natural maple exterior done with what I assume was some kind of cellulose lacquer. I now seemed to have scored not one but two floor toms in the same finish and same city of manufacture which completes the set - so I could (if I so chose) go back to the original maple finish (so far so good).

But, as often happens most of the drums have had their fair share of dings over the years and, combined with a wrap being taken off, I'm guessing the lacquer finish will not be up to much anymore.

So (and this is aimed fairly and squarely at the collecting community) does a re-lacquer (using the correct lacquer for the period) have an adverse effect on re-sale price if done properly and professionally? There are two tiny holes drilled but these are hidden by the original tom mount.

Advice please from the hard core collectors.

Cheers,

David