Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

To drill the Radio King????

OK - I have a 1930's Radio King - one of the more rare (rarer? - medium rare?) 8" by 14" drums, with the stick chopper hoops. I refinished because I wanted to play it - not put it on a shelf with the ratty duco color scheme. Below the paint was a birdseye maple drum.

But the original strainer was (gasp) a CLAMSHELL strainer. These are hard enough to get, but I never like them. SO - I built my own Presto plate set up and I am using a TDR strainer set-up. The drum is GREAT. Not a drum for most gigs with a drum set, but a great drum nonetheless. Maybe in a small jazz room setting it would be OK, but not for most jobs.

ANYWAY - this is a question for players - HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD SIMPLY MOUNT THE TDR RIGHT ONTO THE OLD RK SHELL? The TDR would cover the holes made for the clamshell, but I would have to drill more holes. I know this is a no-no, but I HAVE TO ASK!

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Is there no good strainer available which matches the Clamshell holes ?

That would be the first thing I'd investigate...

(thus, kinda my answer to your Q....)[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here