Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

To drill or not to drill?

I am in the midst of putting together a Rogers Londoner in red sparkle. The 2 mtd. toms were drilled for b& b lugs. The 12 had the larger so,I can enlarge the inside hole to make beavertails fit. The 13 however had the peanut lug.Someone already enlarged the inside hole to make it fit Ludwig classic mini lugs which I have. I really wanted beavertails on it but not sure if I should drill for them.Since the one hole is already enlarged,I'd have to be dead on with the new hole or,I won't get a good fit. I only paid 40 bucks for the shell with complete muffler ,badge and grommet.It has the rounded (or almost flat) bearing edges so,don't know how great it will sound without getting the edges recut.

I also have a bass drilled for b&b's but may use generic Pearl beavertails since they fit w/o drilling. I can always drill later on if I want Rogers lugs on the bass. Any feedback greatly appreciated,thanks and Happy new Year!

Posted on 14 years ago

Drill.

And waste whatever value they have. You already have some damage, which is more or less reparable.

Restore, and repair the damage that has been done, adding pieces to the set that will make it complete, and cut your loses on those too far gone to bring back, a much more expensive venture.

This is why I only buy Beavertail drums.

Rogers Drums Big R era 1975-1984 Dating Guide.
http://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=24048
Posted on 14 years ago

I agree with Ploughman on this one.....drill. It will cost you a fortune to replace all those B&B lugs with replica replacements......restore and spend the money only if you feel you MUST have to, otherwise drill away.

Posted on 14 years ago

drilldrilldrilldrilldrilldrill. No doubts. Those freekin' buttery lugs are spensive. I would have no thoughts about this one.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here