Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

To Cut or Not!

I have been watching the Slingerland BR snare drums for a long time and recently they have been coming out of the woodwork.....

I have seen 4 or 5 in the last month!

The last one that just sold was in excellent shape, except the owner decided to cut the snare beds and 'clean' then up....

It sold for a little more then 1/2 of of what the stock drum sold for... The stock snare sold for over $1000 and this one sold for $600. There were other factors involved of course, but drum for drum this is what happened..

Another one sold for $800 in fair condition and a WMP sold for over $800, both stock drums..

The only reason I bring this up is when this gets indexed by the search engines I hope to save a few drums when some one types: having my snare beds cut, fixing my bearing edge, cleaning up the bearing edge, snare beds, how to cut my own snare beds, restoring snare beds etc...

So for the regular folk here, you can ignore my post, but for the new visitor that just found this link....

[COLOR=navy]If you are looking for a different sound on your vintage snare drum, then buy a different snare drum....[/COLOR]

Do not cut the snare beds or change the bearing edge.....

Soap Box

Thanks

David

Posted on 16 years ago

Understood Boss..............

Personally I'd rather cut my wrists...well maybe not mine but surely my ex-wifes........

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here