Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

Tko "pro" percussion

I've never seen or heard of TKO "PRO" Percussion kits. Does anyone have any information on them? I'm assuming that, like all other TKO kits I've seen or heard about, it's nothing more than an entry level beginner's kit for "beater" purposes. Am I correct? Thanks in advance for your time and your help.

1 attachments
Posted on 5 years ago

I would say you are correct. At least this one has a nice wrap and wood bass hoops. Also looks like heavier hardware as well.

Posted on 5 years ago

The brand name "TKO" is derived from the boxing term "Technical Knock-Out"! True! That kit is the best looking one I've ever seen! Taiwanese manufactured if memory serves.

Posted on 5 years ago

My one and only experience with TKO badged drums

was a 5 pc kit with solid red wrap and the generic Pearl lugs

The bass was 22" w six lugs the floor tom 16" w 5 lugs and the 12" and 13" w 4 lugs

the chrome snare had six lugs

I must say this subject kit above seems worlds apart from those

there was no "Pro" on the kit I found and rightfully so

the drums here, look like a pretty darned nice drum kit …. Good Luck with them

Posted on 5 years ago

That one almost looks like they were trying to go for the DW look. I also noticed the 10 lugs a side bass drum, which for TKO they usually had 8 lugs for a 22"

The TKO's I remember from the early 90s were carried by my local drum shop at the time, and they were total crap. That one there looks to be nicely upgraded for sure

-Justin

"People might look at you a bit funny, but it's okay. Artists are allowed to be a bit different."- Bob Ross

"After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music..." - Aldous Huxley
Posted on 5 years ago
Action Another action Something else here