Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

timekeeper

I'm new to this site and wanted to start out by saying hello. My first inquiry is to get information on restoring vintage drums back to their

original finish. I am working in collaboration with a cousin who has a vintage 1950's Gretsch Drumset with a White Marine Pearl finish. Being quite the preservationist that he is, he really wants the original to maintain its authenticity. Anybody know of a safe way to accomplish this without stripping off the pearl finish?

Posted on 17 years ago

Read this thread, TommyP knows of what he speaks.

http://www.vintagesnaredrums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 17 years ago

My Gretsch set is stamped 1953 on the inside of the bass drum, but the tom mount does not resemble any 50's or 60's model tom mount that I have seen on other similar sets of that era. Did Gretsch have options other than the rail mount and ring mount for this year? It is an "L" shape that mounts to the top of the bass drum, and is not offset as shown on other sets with the rail mount. Any clues from those who are familiar with these drums from the 50's?

Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here