Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

Three Supras

Well, almost. Actually 1 Acrolite and 2 Supras. Not calling this a definitive sound off, but I think it gives at least a few clues to the character of the well known Ludwig snares.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8iTSQ0s6PI[/ame]

Home Of The Trout
YouTube Channel
Posted on 14 years ago

thanks for that. great stuff. nice to hear this. i have been thinking about doing this kind of stuff a well (Audio/Video of my snares) this surely gave me the kick...

thanks for sharing.

Posted on 14 years ago

I love this snare comparison video. Great work. My picks..

1. 1961 Supra

2. Acrolite

3. The other Supra

All three sounded pretty sweet. Please, troutstudio, do more videos like this.

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 14 years ago

Sounds really great! Thanks for that. In March I picked up a supraphonic - not a vintage one though, it came with the bonham vistalite "reissue" kit I bought. Anyway, I was curious about how you had yours tuned? I have been experimenting with different tunings on mine and, although it sounds good, it doesnt sound quite as nice as yours do.

thanks again,

james

“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” - Charles Darwin
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here