Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.06054%

Thoughts of shell and sound comparison

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120535833282&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This shell has the "look" I was going for and I was wanting to know how it might compare to my 14x14" Pearl session tom. I put the Pearl tom on my kit between the 13" and 16" toms and the pitch that it tunes to is right where I'm looking to be. I was thinking that this drum might tune to a similar pitch because it has a thinner shell. I was advised to look for a 12x14" or 15" drum but I thought this looked like a good deal and if it goes to the pitch I'm after...I'm all for it, haha. Also, I have never seen these drums in anything other than 10x14" sizes.

Is it just me or does this drum look like it was never drilled for lugs?...if so, maybe dual tension streamline lugs?...idk The majority of these that I see are single tension.

Thank you for your help!:D

....lovin' that vintage sound
Posted on 14 years ago

Looks like a Legion Heir from '48 to '50 by the catalog scans and badge

Link................

Weird about not being able to see the holes for the lugs from the inside shots, but I see some on the outside in pic 3 and 4 .

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Thanks Kevins! I was thinking the same thing. The seller just informed me that the shell have no hole other than the strainer, butt plate, and some "other bracket"....I think this one may be the drum key holder. Anyway, never seen one like this but I could add the lugs I want then, haha.

Posted on 14 years ago

Is that a solid shell? Maybe it had a rope tension that went from the hoops?

Posted on 14 years ago

I'm not sure on that....I'll have to ask. Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago

Well, I but the bullet and won it....a little more than I wanted to spend but it appears to be in great shape and I get to decide what lugs it gets.

My question is....What lugs should I put on it?...double-end streamline lugs or 16 single end ones?...or sound king lugs? I think that double-end streamline lugs would be cool because it is so different from the rest of my kit....if it wasn't different enough already, haha. I don't know if they will fit without obstructing the eagle though. Also, would Precision Drum Company be a good company to have drill the holes? Thanks!

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here