Hello Guys.

I have two powertone snares and a Luxor. Of course, the Luxor has cracked lugs, but a very nice sound for certain situations.

So I was thinking I might part out one powertone to change to the newer lugs on the Luxor so I can get more use from it and at higher head tensions. Is the mounting hole pattern the same?

Then I will have some parts available from the drums to help other restorations along for you guys.:)

I also was wondering about the lugs on the Powertone. I thought one was earlier, but they are both Fullerton (CBS) drums. However, the one I thought was older has the correct strainer (possibly a Dyna-Sonic strainer with the little 'catch' at the top) and SOME of the lugs have the external clips, and some do not. My question is, did the Fullerton drums have exposed clip lugs, or the lugs with no exposed clips? Maybe it was a transition thing and some had clips and some didn't. Either way, I want to make the one Powertone drum I keep together as "correct" as possible.

Which brings me to the tension screws and hoops. On the Luxor the hoops are much taller and the tension screws are very square and have taller heads. The ones on the Powertone drums (both of them) seem to be more like the ones on my Acrolite, with that small radius at the base of the square drive, and a lower overall height to the head and a slightly rounded top. I never looked at these details this closely before (there were working drums for a while) but now I'd like them "right". Were the hoops brass by chance? Or any other details on the hoops that will help me identify them as "correct" for the drum?

Thanks to all who can help!