Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

This vid is for mcjnic......

You mentioned the other day that Mickey Dolenz' Grestch kit inspired you to buy a "hollywood" kit......well.....here's to nostalgia.... :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts[/ame]

Posted on 15 years ago

That is totally sweet. I used to sit on the wood floor and stare at that kit each week. I had the bubblegum cards that formed a large puzzle. I would put it together and flip over the pieces that had any part of his drum kit. I started playing the drums at age two. I had been drumming for about four years when this was filmed. If memory serves me correct, I had a Ludwig Red Sparkle Super Classic and a Supra (14 in hats, 18 c/r, 16 cr - all Zildjian). Ringo was my main influence, but Mickey hit me hard when I saw those twin toms and (eventually) the gold sparkle finish. I was hooked! Soon afterwards, even Ringo went the twin tom route. I had to have that other tom. It's as if I couldn't play without it. The pull was very strong. I've since owned a lot of kits ... most of them were the 5 piece variety, but a few were absolute monster kits (Keith did that to me). Oddly enough, I never managed to get the Gold Sparkle kit. Strange as that may seem. When I say that I've owned a lot of kits, it's a serious number. In the 45 years I've been at this, I've averaged about three kits a year. Some years quite a few more - a few years less (especially the early years).

I just got my Gold Sparkle beauty. It took a lot of years to finally break down and get this one. I had to build it myself, but I have it. Strange, it's a Super Classic!!! I may buy another bass and wrap it in Gold Sparkle and put a twin tom pole mount on it so I can have the 5 piece kit, too. I have the toms - all gold sparkle. Might just do that. The best of both worlds and all. LD, thank you so much for this one. It really hit me strong. Nice job.

Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here