Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 123.24843%

This place has been very quite for sometime now

I suppose all the vintage drums in existence have been discovered/purchased by collector. I can't remember the last time I recall reading about someone's 'find'. Would you agree to that or is it just me?

:)

Posted on 1 year ago

I don't know about the vintage drums but I am still finding unusual bass drum pedals once in a while. Does anyone have any information on the Quality Drum Shop of San Francisco?

Posted on 1 year ago

the new Template/ website/ what ever it's called/

isn't as friendly/ as far as searching/ seeing new posts/ something about it isn't very welcoming or....It's like the only drum set you own is a pre-International Premier i.e. a P.I.A.

The new website is just foreign

```````````````````````````

vintagedrumguide.com is near priceless highly useful.

vintagedrumforum.com /the layout/the template/the design/ is a "dog"..

such that I don't think anyone "bothers" to post; not that drums aren't being found.

The site layout for discussion chosen was a offbeat choice.

maybe the DFO and Drummerworld templates were too expensive I dunno. But Vintage drum Forum is for emergencies only (ie all other drum forums go down)

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 1 year ago

I have no issues with the new site layout. To me, they upgrade was a big improvement. I know some don't agree. The big issue for the past couple of weeks has been that the site has been incredibly slow to load, or in many cases, won't even load and just times out.

It has been fine today and I have read the notice about the work they are going to be doing to address the issues and the apparent sabotage/hacking that may have lead to this problem.

Posted on 1 year ago

Hello VDF members! I'm sure that a large majority know that I've been a member here for many years. I've always logged on multiple times per day and have contributed my knowledge and experience when I can. That has all changed since the VDF website has been redone. It's always incredibly slow! So slow, that, many times, I just don't want to contribute anymore. Even getting to this reply has taken painfully slow minutes! If VDF is to continue, and for me to keep contributing, a major redo needs to take place. Realistically, this would cost quite a bit of money and I don't feel that the webmaster would want to do this. I'm on other forums and each one is fairly fast and a pleasure to use. In its current iteration, I'm not sure how much longer VDF can continue.

I don't mean to sound so negative, but just expressing my thoughts. I love the entire VDF community and what this site represents....BUT....it is just too painfully slow for me to continue here. Let's see what the immediate future holds for VDF! Thanks for listening to me!

-Mark

Posted on 1 year ago

There should be a Like feature, otherwise the layout is fine. Maybe a New Posts link.

This place has been very friendly. I've given and received many free things. What goes around comes around.

Somebody made great copies of the Rogers hang tag/case candy and sent them to anybody for free! That was pretty awesome.

I wonder how the awesome information will be saved for future collectors. It really is a valuable source of information.

Posted on 1 year ago

no speed issues here (must be on your end) Finding where threads/topics/ categories are is another matter... Scattered

````````````````````````

Move the "Latest Gallery pictures" inthe Topic (they belong in)

List the categories where we talk/back and forth. Should be prominent. Not seeing those Pictures at the top always.

Also the Black section up top is hard to see and remember what it's For

``````````````````

Oh just realized you can roll those Gallery Pictures up. 100% improvement already

(but it comes back with every page turn.

I also don't see a "New Post" at the end of a Topic Title like other forums. They are highlighted when something is new.

just a weird layout altogether

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why not use the template DFO? Drummerworld uses?

What is there a reason?

Whomever sold you this----I hope you got a discount------ shame because there is information here and a good for sale/wanted section... But all of it is a PIA to get to.

Bargain basement

You would have/get/ more traffic with a better site;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's all that Empty Space to the right-------------------->>>

"Forum Home" should take the full width of the page Not 3/4

.................................................. ......Joe
Posted on 1 year ago

VDF is working acceptably right now, but, that's not the norm! As for the speed issue being on my end, I'm retired IT and know the difference between my computer(s) and a poorly functioning web hosting service. That being said, VDF has always been a great repository of knowledge and I hope it can continue.

-Mark

Posted on 1 year ago

Sonofa.....

The grass is green, the sky is blue...

And I'll be, the sun is shining....

MY Dirty Little Collection
Posted on 1 year ago

Don't forget to record those things in the the "Bugs and Issues" thread. It's also for making suggestions/change requests to the forum features: https://www.vintagedrumforum.com/showthread.php?t=67870

Posted on 1 year ago
Action Another action Something else here