Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 129.26096%

thinkin of a Super ludwig in wood .

I have been toying with the thought of purchasing a Super Ludwig snare , are they in the 20's era . Whats the deal with the peacock color I don't see it in the catalog pages . How do these things sound (IN wood) . What should I really expect to pay for one . I haven't seen one in a while for sale . Any leads into finding one for purchase ?

I really do like that peacock (frog in a blender ) color . But an old crushed glass may do it for me . Are these things woody toned ? Are they really sensitive like a supersensitive . I am not nuts about metal snares , so thats why I am asking about the wood ones . The black beauty style are great to look at , but metal is just not for me .

Posted on 15 years ago

[COLOR="DarkRed"]With a drum that old, you may wanna consider picking a range of finishes which would be acceptable to you...because with rarer birds, they don't come up so often. Check eBay...go to advanced search and click on "completed listings"...that may give you an idea of what sort of market value these currently have.

If that gets you nowhere, contact a vintage drum shop online. But brace yurself, because a vintage shop usually tags their stuff at double what actual 2nd hand Craigslist/eBay value is....

Hope this helps some.[/COLOR]

www.2ndending.com
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here