Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

The Who on S-Bowl

OK............for starters, who was the drummer playing wiht the Who last night? What a thrill it had to be for this young guy to play with rock legends, how about that clear DW set he and, Loved that kit....and those Red/ White and Blue cymbals>?For a second the camera showed the top of one and it was Zildjian, I bet they were custom made just for the show last night, all three were monsters, I think the smallest one was 20"...I would sure like to know what series they were........I was hoping that Pete T was going to smash his guitar on his amp, rats...guess they grew up...LOL!!

Lots of Slingerland drums
70's Pearl Fiberglass Ivory
Posted on 14 years ago

That's little Zacky - Ringo Starr's young son. As far as his cymbals...he has Zildjian 20 and 21 and 22 inch crash/rides. You can purchase them sans the cool colors.

Posted on 14 years ago

I would of liked to see Ringo playing instead,but the lad was very good.Drums sounded real nice,very good job by the sound crew.As for the other 2 old timers.....getting old is a bugger eh?

Hit like you mean it!!
Posted on 14 years ago

We're lucky to have seen them at all. I was listening to an interview on Deep Tracks, and Pete Townshend said they were trying to get out of that appearance and others due to working on a new project. Maybe we have some "New Who" music on the way?

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

Yeah, and as for that "young" drummer, he is forty something!

Posted on 14 years ago

You guys do realize that all tracks except Pete Townsend's guitar and vocal and Roger Daughtry's vocal were flown.

It was still a thrill for me to see them perform, and I dug the drummer, too.

Posted on 14 years ago

all tracks were flown? At the cost of sounding naive, what does that mean?

PS, some of us are younger than 40! (Ha Ha)

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 14 years ago

Flying means playing pre-recorded tracks. The rhythm section mimed their recorded parts while Pete and Roger performed live.

There are a couple of other terms for this, but they don't come to mind (I'm way over 40). Cooked Egg

Posted on 14 years ago

The R-Section did a great job of making it look real. Zak didn't seem to be having fun.

Posted on 14 years ago

From Stallwart

You guys do realize that all tracks except Pete Townsend's guitar and vocal and Roger Daughtry's vocal were flown...

How do you know this? I didn't see the original broadcast, I watched a crappy YouTube version that was pretty jerky so I couldn't tell. Everybody's seen people obviously playing to tracks before.

Just wondering what you saw that keyed you into knowing it was fake.

I'm over 40 and never heard the term "flown" before and wonder if it's a term more popular outside of the USA, maybe in England?

Did Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown) really mean Norwegian Wood (My Woman plays along with Karaoke tracks)? Eye Ball

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here