Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 127.45720%

The Sherwood snare drum

I own a 1953 WMP Sherwood snare drum which is really a Ludwig/Leedy snare drum with a badge on it that says Sherwood....it's as close to being like the day it left the Ludwig/Leedy factory building. The only real difference between this Sherwood and my later Ludwig snares is the snare bed. The Sherwood has beds that are rather short and somewhat deeper than the standard issue beds I have seen. The other Ludwigs beds seem more graduated and elongated. Was there a standard style of snare bed on Ludwig drums? Leedy drums? Were they the same? What insights can any of you guys share about the style/shape of vintage snare beds? In fact, what can any of you guys tell me about the Sherwood name? Thanks

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 19 years ago

O-Lugs is this yours for sale?

http://www.drumfarm.com/

1 attachments
Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

No. That's on the other side of the country from me, but it looks very similar to mine. Mine has a different throwoff. The throwoff on mine is the very small one -like the one on a Downbeat snare...and it seems to be the original one (no extra/different holes).Burger Kin

"God is dead." -Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead." -God
Posted on 15 years ago
Action Another action Something else here