Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 125.45303%

The return of Rogers?

If you are a devote' to the world of vintage drums, you may have heard that Yamaha recently obtained the rights to Rogers drums and will start production soon.

What does this mean for the vintage Rogers market and fans? Will this drive down the prices of the vintage Rogers? Any speculation of a remake of the wood dynasonics? Does this mean new swivo-matic hardware will be produced? Or will the new Rogers be a shadow of their former selves?

I'd love to hear any specualtions/thoughts/answers!!!

http://www.pkdrums.net
Posted on 17 years ago

Yes I have heard about this. Thats the good news. The bad news is Yamaha is probably going to use their name for their begginer kits so the outlook on them using the swivo-matic hardware is not so good, for remaking dysonics even worse. And in my opinion I think vintage rogers prices would go up because the begginer kit would be drawing attention to the rogers name thus (maybe) more people interested in rogers thus more demand for the same supply. So the new rogers will not be anything to yell "hooray" over but definetely an improvement over the company that owned them before yamaha.

Harrison
Posted on 17 years ago
Action Another action Something else here