Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.25470%

The "Grampa Tom" memorial drum set

Here is the end result of many years of searching for a Star -built BD to go with the Stewart toms my son sent up from Florida. When my Grandfather Tom was doing his trio-dance band thing in the 60's, his B+B Rogers set got stolen from the club they were playing at. He had to replace it THAT DAY, so he bought a blue sparkle Star built Ralston set from the local music store. That set is also long gone, but I wanted to put together a set like it for my GB/ nursing home sing-along gigs. So here it is. It has a date stamp on the inside rering of 3/66 so it's close in age to the Ralstons. It is missing the consolette tube and arm, and one T-screw if anyone has those. This is the bass drum with the home made T-rods, which work very well. The toms have never been opened up till this week.

2 attachments
Posted on 7 years ago

Hey T-Sr

Great thing you are doing. A little recognition of your grandfather but even better that you are doing nursing home sing-alongs. Unfortunately we just settled my dad into an assisted living center, they do a sing-along 2x week but it is only with a piano. Maybe I'll reach out to see if there is a local group that may do something like you do once a month. You noted "GB" any chance it's Great Barrington Mass?

Michael

No Guru - I just love collecting & learning about vintage drums!

Some of my favorites from the kits in the collection
58 WFL New Yorker Blue Sparkle
67 Ludwig Hollywood Red Psychedelic
69 Ludwig Standard Red Ruby Strata
70's Ludwig BOP "Ringo" Kit

A few of my favorite snares
20's Leedy Black Elite
51 Leedy & Ludwig Knob Tension
58 WFL Buddy Rich Classic Blue Sparkle
63 Walberg & Auge Sea Blue Agave Green Pearl
66 Leedy Shelly Manne Blue Agate Pearl
Posted on 7 years ago

GB=general business. I'm located in eastern Massachusetts. That would be a sleepover gig! This Saturday's gig is the first one for me and my friend Al, at his mom's facility in Andover,MA. I have done some with a different band previous to this at other facilities. All brush work or "Rods".

Posted on 7 years ago
Action Another action Something else here