Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

The quintessential Michael Shrieve....

I still say this is the best performance by Santana with Michael Shrieve ever!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JryQXilMj4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JryQXilMj4[/ame]

Posted on 14 years ago

Great classic!

Posted on 14 years ago

I agree- I was checking this out a few months ago. He was really young during Woodstock and those early Santana days- to me it seems he was really channeling the spirit and tuned in.

For info. & live schedule:
www.EricWiegmanndrums.com
*Odery Drums Japan endorser/ representative
*Japan Distributor of Vruk DrumMaster pedals
*D'Addario Japan Evans/Promark/Puresound
*Amedia Cymbals Japan

It's the journey not the destination.
Posted on 14 years ago

Interview, this month, with Michael Shrieve, in Classic Drummer, about this performance. He was pretty honest what was going on, it's a pretty cool interview. Again, I hate to say it, but..another movie (Pink Floyd Live at Pompeii the other referenced at this site) that my friends and I took 'shrooms and watched. Yikes!

Rogers early Fullerton Blue Strata 22,13,16 w/brass Dynasonic
My first kit, 1983 Ludwig Rocker? (it has the classic lugs and 4ply maple shell) 22,12,13,16 ..now in black oyster pearl. I still have it
Stop Sign USA Gretsch (80's), black nitron jasper shell 22,12,13,16
1995 Fibes Austin,Texas Badge (original owner) 22,10,12,16,18 in natural wood
USA 2007 Rosewood Gretsch 22,13,16 w/12inch 70's Rosewood Gretsch tom
Posted on 14 years ago

Here's the full version with all of MS's solo. If any of you have not seen the Woodstock movie, do yourself a favor, buy or rent it, play it on your big flat screen, shut the lights off and groove.

See Woodstock on a big screen like in a the theater, with all the split screens of the event and all the acts on stage, really is an amazing show. Watching Santana, Joe Cocker, The Who, Sly Stone and the rest with 300,000+ half naked (sometimes completely naked!) people in one place having a great time still blows my mind.

(Sorry if it's a bit smeared, buy or rent it!)

Posted on 14 years ago

Ok how do you embed here?

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here