Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.62213%

The Quiet Rolling Stone, very cool Charlie Watts

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1_6z9oqet8&feature=user[/ame]

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

I love it........a very humble man....

It's so great, his talking about going to New Orleans and appreciating the unheralded drummers of the world. He makes a comment at +/- 8:15 that I can't quite make out....anybody catch what he is saying.

This is a great clip. Thanks for posting.

Posted on 16 years ago

I believe the part you are asking is the quote "I could never become as good as the people I watch, and it's frustrating"

Its better to have people think you're an idiot, than to open your mouth and prove them wrong, unless you doubt yourself then speak away....
Posted on 16 years ago

Charlie Watts is great at what he does and can keep a rock solid backbeat like no one else. The attached video shows some simple jazz. I suppose he would get frustrated playing the same Stones songs for 40 years and not really progressing with his chops. He always said he was a jazz drummer first, but I wonder how much time he spent working the paradiddles and such things..

But in the long run who am I to talk.... I make 50 bucks a gig and he makes 500 thousand...........in my youth I used to make fun of him (Ruby Tuesday) but now realize he is a survivor and holds legendary status amongst rockers.

let us not forget .... It's only Rock and Roll but I like it, like it, yes I do......

Posted on 16 years ago

That's a great clip, thanks for posting it. Always liked him "behind the beat

"and off the high-hat on the downbeats on Miss You... and others.

Posted on 16 years ago
Action Another action Something else here