Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.65971%

The Drum Station in Michigan

Does anybody out there know about this place? I just wanted to see if anyone has had any interactions/purchases from him.

He was selling this item on eBay: Was the price realistic?

item # 140367203953

Posted on 14 years ago

I've corresponded with them but never actually completed a transaction of any sort with them. They do have a 100% feedback rating on e-Bay for whatever you believe that might be worth.

As far as the price being "realistic" it's ALWAYS been my belief that any item is worth the highest dollar value being offered by one individual at the specific time the item is placed up for bids. What actually drives that high offer is actually quite irrelevant.

I learned very quickly that an asking price that might be considered very "reasonable" to one particular prospective buyer might be considered totally "outrageous" to another. We buyers are a very strange lot!Mind Blowi

I've also learned that "asking" prices mean very little. Selling prices are all that really matter. Without an actual buyer the item, no matter how mint, rare, unique, etc., a seller claims it is isn't going anywhere. It looks like this kit might have been set up as a BUY IT NOW or best offer scenario, since I see that two offers were actually submitted. The kit certainly does appear to be in excellent condition cosmetically speaking.

Just my two cents worth.

Happy Holidays!

Posted on 14 years ago

I've never dealt with them before......with that said, even though the kit looks mint, it is overpriced for what I've seen of the market lately. Someone obviously "had to have it" for that price though.

Posted on 14 years ago

Did it actually sell? It's in completed listings, but doesn't have a green "sold" notation next to the price.

Kevin
Posted on 14 years ago

I have dealt with them a few times and the items i have purchased were exactly as described and well packed and very fast shipping, hope this is of help. mark

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

It has been my experience that a "perfect" item can be priced at double the price of a "typical" item and be a realistic price.I'm into antique cars,too,especially Edsels,and perfection has a price-both ways.You own perfection,and in order to stay that way,you can never use it.All my drums get played,none are perfect.All that said,what can you get new for that price?You could probably reproduce that kit with Keller rering shells for that money.Maybe much less.But it will never be a perfect 1970 Ludwig set.

Posted on 14 years ago

Very helpful, folks, thank you! Yeah, I definitely was NOT going to pay that price for those drums, just wanted to see if there was something super-special about that kit I didn't know about, other than it was minty and gold sparkle.

I asked about the place because he lists two sets on his site that I'm very interested in, and am waiting to hear back from him via email. I want a drum set soooo bad.... 3-piece shell, Ludwig or Rogers 1960s era...gold or red or blue sparkle... in ready-to-play no-fixup-required condition.... I think he's got something up my alley...

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here