Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 128.86013%

The Bubble Puppy Hot smoke and Sassafras

1968 How many if any of you remember this one??! THE BUBBLE PUPPY>

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

I was 12 when that song came out. Me and my friends thought that it was the freakiest thing we ever heard. I bought two of the 45 rpm singles because I was scared I was going to wear them out.

To this day, the guitars, the intro all sounds incredible.

Me and my friends would play that intro over and over and just burst out laughing, not because we thought it was funny but because we thought it was the coolest thing we ever heard. It still effects me that way!

I emailed Dave (Bubble Puppy's drummer) last year and got a nice email back from him. I told him what I thought, that this was the first song I heard that sounded like fusion music. When "Where Have I Known You Before" with Return to Forever came out around 1974, I thought that it was a continuation of this song. The drumming is very Lenny White and the instrumental sections were not usual for the day.

One of my top 10 influencial tunes (for me) for all time. The first fusion song that I heard, way , way ahead of it's time. Jimi would have been proud of that tone. The backbeats sound like Police. Incredible!

Bubbly Puppy drummer Dave Fore:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGG3DtAq6dI[/ame]

Posted on 14 years ago

Mastrosnare, I was 11 when It came out, I was at a neighborhood friends house who had an older brother, he was a guitar player/ audiophile he had this blazing out of his stereo that he powered with his Marshall 100 watt head, and a fender 4 10 cab, it knocked the bay window out of his parents house, so yeah it left a fairly big impression on me also!!! they have a good website check it out!!http://bubblepuppy.com/

Your drummers not much good is he!? What you need is someone that's as good as me. ! John Henry Bonham !!
Posted on 14 years ago

LOLOL! What a surprise to see this one by Bubble Puppy. My band in '68-'69, Castle Magic, played this one. It was one one of my favorites. I loved the grouping of measures and the energy of the song. My energy has long since gone.

Posted on 14 years ago

Always loved that song. I still have the original 45. Ah the good old high school days in the 60's;)

Joe

“I did not trip and fall. I attacked the floor and I believe I am winning.”
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here