Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 110.62213%

The Band - King Harvest 1970, That's a cool old kit!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_hsp4SBwO4[/ame]

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 15 years ago

too cool.....was that the Bearsville recording studio ?? It's not Big Pink....

I was up at Levons Midnight Ramble this past fall....a remarkable show...

Posted on 15 years ago

I couldn't find a definitive source on the location... found references to Robbie Robertson's studio... Levon's barn... and simply somebody's house.. most commonly mentioned seems to be it was a session at Robbie Robertson's studio.

When I was reading I found reference to "a guy" that rents out some great vintage drums for people needing equipment and recording at Bearsville.

Wow... now there could be some history in those drums. :)

Posted on 15 years ago

Actually those drums weren't vintage at the time. They were Ludwigs that Levon has ordered from Ludwig like that. Watch the Last Waltz again, he uses this kit in the two studio scenes with Emmilou Harris and also with the Staples. They were contemporary drums.....basically the lower end marching drums at the time converted to kit use.

I'm thinking of searching out a few of those old lower end marching drums with the wood hoops to replicate this kit.....Yes Sir

Posted on 15 years ago

Bump... did you get that replica kit built??

Posted on 14 years ago

Bump... did you get that replica kit built??

Not yet. Thats another project to get finished after the Leedy, after the Gretsch, after the....well youget the idea....Falling Do

Posted on 14 years ago

I've got a Gold Sparkle Wood Hoop Slingerland 15 incher. I've held on to it for a really cool kit idea. This is a great idea! What kind of other drums do you think would go with this? I'm intrigued.

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey could this be where the video was shot...

http://www.iowrock.demon.co.uk/archive/iow_archive_wootton.html

Posted on 14 years ago

Hey could this be where the video was shot...http://www.iowrock.demon.co.uk/archive/iow_archive_wootton.html

No it was filmed in upstate New York....Woodstock to be exact. Its not the Big Pink house, but closeby.

Posted on 14 years ago

When you look at the picture of Levon's kit in the UK shot... with windows and the amp it just looks like a really good match.

Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here