Only Admins can see this message.
Data Transition still in progress. Some functionality may be limited until the process is complete.
Processing Attachment, Gallery - 126.05428%

The 3rd Drop Beats Not Bombs snare released

I have important information to tell all of you crazy drummers out there, so feel free to continue reading ;)

We just released the 3rd Drop Beats Not Bombs snare! It might be the best yet, but who can really say?

Check it out below,

[IMG]http://dropbeatsnotbombs.com/uploads/3rd_snare_6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://dropbeatsnotbombs.com/uploads/3rd_snare_4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://dropbeatsnotbombs.com/uploads/3rd_snare_8__2_.jpg[/IMG]

Specs:

-5x14 maple wood shell (10 ply)

-Handmade collage finish

-Maple wood hoops

-Chrome tube lugs

- Kamin chrome throw off

-Evans heads

----------

So what do you guys think, yes, no? Let's hear it.

For much more photos, details, information, etc. visit the official page @

-Kyle

Posted on 14 years ago

You asked.

I don't like it.

It looks like a bad posterboard collage of current events that a 6th grader would put together. I "get" the references and am familiar with some of the individuals. I just don't like it.

I would like to know of the hoops you had to jump through to get permission to make the Starbuck's snare. I've commissioned some custom finish snares and had some trouble getting some of them made. I would love to get a Starbuck's snare. Is it for sale? Before you answer...is it legal?

Let me know if the Starbuck's snare is available. Thanks.

Posted on 14 years ago

I think its pretty cool.

Posted on 14 years ago

This is moving to the general section...

I have a friend that paints artwork based off of sports teams. As long as it is considered "artwork" he is allowed to paint it and sell it. He has been doing it for years and has never had a problem.

David

Posted on 14 years ago

Just curious about the "permission" from Starbuck's. Those are not painted images. Those are the work of a team of graphic artists and a huge legal team...not to mention, the Logo. I don't want to purchase the snare if it's not legal. If it is, I am very interested. That's what I'm waiting on. Anytime a person or company wants to use the actual image (not drawn or painted) that is another's published work, they have the legal responsibility to acquire permission to use it. It took me several years to get final approval on the TMNT snare I had made....one of several I've had commissioned. I'm just one of those guys who wants everything above board. Hopefully, these guys did the right thing and that snare is for sale. That would be cool.

Posted on 14 years ago

"It's really hard to appreciate freedom of expression until you have been deprived of it for awhile...."

I think John McCain said that... or something like that. That strikes a cord with me, him having been a POW and all, I honor his perspective... that is not intended to be political

The drum itself doesn't jump at me.. but I really appreciate your expression... I hope you never quit going where the spirit moves you.

Not a Guru... just interested..
Posted on 14 years ago
Action Another action Something else here